Mobile-friendly is a must.
I f you have been wondering what is a mobile-friendly website, it is simply one that will display the right way on all mobile devices, such as tablets and smartphones. Therefore, the website’s users will not need to pinch, zoom or scroll to view the website.
In 2015, Google released a new algorithm (or update), so-called “Mobilegeddon”. It simply punished non mobile websites. Those websites saw their rankings dramatically decrease in mobile search results.
So if your website is not mobile-friendly yet, it is way overdue, don’t you think?
Responsive Web Design.
Google recommends creating a responsive website, which will adapt to any device, from desktops, to tablets and phones.
You also need to pay attention to:
- Page speed: the website must load up fast.
- Size: the text must be legible and pictures, videos viewable without zooming.
- Key information should be above the fold line.
- A simple one-click dialing button is a good idea.
- If you have a store you should have directions to your business place.
How Do I Know if my Website is Mobile-ready?
If you need to zoom and scroll to view it’s content on your phone, it is not mobile-ready.
You can also run Google’s mobile-ready test.
Why is a mobile-friendly website so important?
- If your website is mobile-ready you have a much better chance to appear in Google’s search results.
- “Near me” and “nearby” mobile searches are increasing each day: if you have a brick-and-mortar business with a mobile-friendly website, you are most likely to acquire local customers searching for your products and/or services on their phone.
- Finally, your business will be perceived as being up-to-date with the latest technology. Most people will not stay on a non mobile-ready website and will not recommend that business.
A few stats:
- 72% of consumers want mobile-friendly websites.
- Consumers spend 15+ hours per week researching on their smartphones.
- 57% of consumers say they will not recommend a company with a non-mobile website.
- Most people on a smartphone will leave a website if it is not mobile-friendly.
- Millennials (80 million in the US) – age 18 to 34 , are the first true digital generation. Highly tech-savvy, they were born with a smartphone attached to their hands. They will have more buying power than any other generation by 2017. Read more about marketing to Millennials.
- A website must be mobile-friendly to be found by mobile device users.
- Mobile search has become more popular than desktop search.
- Having a mobile-ready website will increase your business credibility and the number of customers.
- If you want to stay ahead of your competition, your must have a mobile presence.
We would love to talk with you about you website design or re-design. Please get in touch with us…We are here to help you and your business!